Book Club: Silent Sorority Author Participates
Wondering where I’ve been?
Busy at the keyboard, among other things. I’ve been blogging and participating in The Ladies in Waiting Book Club, which chose Silent Sorority as its featured book.
Book Club Questions
Here is a list of book club discussion questions to help those who will be ‘journaling’ as you read. During the weeks that follow, we will be discussing these in depth.
- How does infertility affect your identity and your relationships?
- In what ways has infertility changed you and your view of life?
- How candid (or silent) are you about infertility’s impact?
- Do you feel free to openly discuss your experience or do you censor? If the latter, is it for fear others may view you differently? How?
- Regardless of your outcome (pregnancy through treatment, adoption, making a life outside of parenting) do you view motherhood differently now? If so, how?
Silent Sorority Author Updates
It was disconcerting, surreal … actually a bit liberating to read and discuss the contents of the book, mainly because the experience is now so firmly in the rear-view mirror.
On the horizon is the two-year anniversary of the book launch (April 18, 2009), and what a two years of growth it has been. I’ve also been immersing myself in some terrific films, one of which led me to write an Open Salon piece called: What if Oprah Interviewed Allen Ginsberg?
Topics for Discussion
If you’d like to catch up with the group’s discussions and observations, you can read along here:
Silent Sorority Ask the Author #1: Infertility Amnesia (March 3, 2011)
Silent Sorority Book Club Discussion #1: Identity and Relationships (March 3, 2011)
Silent Sorority Trivia: Eagle Eye, Anyone? (March 5, 2011)
Silent Sorority Book Club Discussion #2: Motherhood Redefined (March 8, 2011)
Silent Sorority Ask the Author #2: A Lesson in Human Nature (March 10, 2011)
Silent Sorority Ask the Author #3, #4: Support for Men & Anger Management (March 13, 2011)
Silent Sorority Book Club Discussion #3: Censorship? (March 15, 2011)
Silent Sorority Ask the Author #5: Disenfranchised Grief (March 17, 2011)
Silent Sorority Final Discussion #4: Changed Views (March 22, 2011)
Silent Sorority Ask the Author #6: Adoption and What I Know Now (March 24, 2011)
Welcome your thoughts as always…